Thursday, 1 July 2010
Saturday, 15 May 2010
Saturday, 24 April 2010
Hello everyone, yup, its been a while. Studies are going….. ok….. lol and I’m very busy in between working on lots of new stuff for when I get back to the land of the living.
In fact, I’ve been busy working on a gorgeous Collab kit with my dear friend Julie (Julie C Designs) and one of our super new Designers, RubyLane Designs.
The kit was based on an idea by our fearless leader Toiny for a shabby, romantic, beach kit. That made me think of one of my favourite songs, Martha’s Harbour’ by All About Eve. Do you know it?
I’m so thrilled to be able to introduce you to
Its on Special ‘DEAL OF THE DAY’ right now over at the Studio which means you get a whopping 70% off the normal price of $5.49. That’s just $1.65 for a very limited time.
here’s my portion of this gorgeous collab
here are some samples.
Grab it all here
Nope, I’m NOT retiring or closing up shop. I’m just making room for all the new stuff I’m making so now’s your chance to grab a fantastic bargain. Almost everything in my store is going to the retirement bin and once its gone, its gone for good so grab it while you can.
This includes CU. Over 180 products worth hundreds of $$$
This offer ends May 31st
And finally, a little freebie to go with our wonderful new collab kit
password is beach
Sign up for the Studio Newsletter and get another Martha’s Harbour Goodie.
Well, I’d better get back to my studies. See you al again soon and don’t forget to keep checking back, you may even stumble upon a brand new blog and some fabulous new goodies.
Til next time
Boo and the Blossoms xx
Monday, 1 March 2010
Hello all, its been a while hasn’t it but like I said, I’d be back every now and then with a little goody while I finish up my studies.
I’m thrilled to be taking part in this awesome March Blog Train. Over 100 Fantastic Designers have contributed to this super Mega kit and I know you are all going to love it.
Check it out
You can grab my portion here
To visit the next Designer on the train go here
and heres a complete list of all the Designers taking part
Blog Train Participants:
1. Rustic Charm Creations - http://rusticcharmcreations.blogspot.com/
2. Inspiredbydominic Designs -http://www.inspiredbydominic.com/blog
3. Jeanne Marie Scraps - http://jeanne-maries-scraps.blogspot.com/
4. JayaPrem's Hangout - http://scraps-by-jayaprem.blogspot.com/
5. Pixie Mama Designs - http://pixiemamadesigns.blogspot.com
6. Wyld Web Designs - http://wyldwebdesigns.com/wordpress/
7. AnDi Designs - http://andreaditonno.blogspot.com
8. Graham Like The Cracker - http://gltcblog.wyldgrahamcrackers.com
9. Laura Marie Scraps - http://lauramariescraps.blogspot.com
10. Chris Greiser - http://sketchmeifyoucan.blogspot.com
11. Barb Speck - http://www.barbspeck.blogspot.com/
12. Kalo Designs - http://kalodesigns.com/wordpress/
13. Leslie G. Designs - http://lesliegdesigns.blogspot.com/
14. JennCk Designs - http://jennck.blogspot.com/
15. Color With Caryn - http://blog.colorwithcaryn.com
16. Shanmomto4designs - http://www.shanmomto4designs.com/
17. jennylyn Designs - http://www.jennilyndesigns.com/journal
18. DeliciousScraps - http://Deliciousscraps.com
19. My4PrincessesDesigns - http://www.my4princessesdesigns.blogspot.com
20. Trish H. Designs - http://trishhdesigns.blogspot.com/
21. TMA Designs - http://themathematiciansassistant.com
22. Designs by BubblyKori - http://bubblykori.blogspot.com/
23. GeniaBeana Scraps - http://geniabeanascraps.blogspot.com
24. JW-DigiScraps - http://www.jwdigiscraps.com
25. Mad Genius Designs - http://bothmadandgenius.blogspot.com/
26. mITSYBELLE Designs - http://mitsybelle.com/blog/
27. Chaos Lounge - http://jen-at-chaos-lounge.blogspot.com/
28. Bon Scrapatit Designs - http://bonscrapatitdesigns.blogspot.com
29. Starry Eyed Designs - http://starryeyeddesignsbyamy.blogspot.com/
30. HotFlashDesigns - http://p-u-s-h.typepad.com/
31. Scrapper's Delights - http://scrappersdelights.com/blog/
32. Lizard Dau Designs - http://liz-lizarddaudesigns.blogspot.com/
33. SandEz Creationz - http://sandezcreationz.blogspot.com
34. KimB Designs - http://kimbsdesigns.blogspot.com/
35. Wilma4ever - http://wilma4ever.blogspot.com/
36. FoxyDesigns - http://foxydesigns.biz
37. KimericKreations - http://kimerickreations.blogspot.com
38. ikscrap - http://www.ikscrap.nl
39. Charlize Creations - http://beautyframe.blogspot.com/
40. Christine Smith Digital Design - http://christinesmithdigital.blogspot.com
41. GET Designs - http://ginnytallent.blogspot.com
42. Robyn Pali Designs - http://robynpalidesigns.blogspot.com/
43. Trixie Scraps Designs - http://blog.trixiescraps.com
44. gabs-art - http://www.scraplantis.com/gabs-blog/
45. Willow Grace Designs - http://willowgracedesigns.blogspot.com/
46. Designs by Keira - http://designsbykeira.blogspot.com/
47. Little Red Scraps - http://littleredscraps.blogspot.com
48. Altered Sea - http://alteredsea.net
49. Wetfish Designs - http://wetfishdesigns.com/blog
50. A-liya - http://a-liya.blogspot.com/
51. Mel's World - http://mels-world1.blogspot.com/
52. Sweet Tomato Designs - http://sweettomatodesigns.blogspot.com
53. Kiss This Designs - http://littlebitofthisandalittlebitofscrap.blogspot.com/
54. AliSarah Digiscraps - http://scrappincuteness.blogspot.com
55. Flutter Expressions - http://www.flutterexpressions.blogspot.com
56. Major Scrapola - http://majorscrapola.blogspot.com/
57. Jennifer Fox Designs - http://jenniferfoxdesigns.blogspot.com/
58. Polka Dot Pixels - http://polkadotpixels.blogspot.com
59. Nikki Epperson - http://gonescrappindesigns.com/blog
60. Digital Artistry by Nicole - http://crop-a-holic.blogspot.com
61. Happy Scrap Girl - http://happyscrapgirl.blogspot.com/
62. Susan Robinson Designs - http://susanrobinsoncreative.blogspot.com/
63. LDrag Designs - http://ldragdesigns.blogspot.com/
64. Sherri Tierney - http://sherritierney.blogspot.com
65. Mikki Designs - http://mikkidesigns.blogspot.com/
66. Digilicious Designs - http://digilicious.typepad.com/digi_licious_designs/
67. BooLand Designs - http://boolanddesign.blogspot.com/ YOU ARE HERE
68. Photocowgirl - http://photocowgirl.blogspot.com/
69. Jewelscraps - http://jewelscraps.blogspot.com
70. Kathy Winters - http://wordartfun.blogspot.com
71. Late Night Scraps - http://latenightscraps/blogspot.com
72. Creations By Rachael - http://www.creationsbyrachaelb.com/wordpress/
73. Allison Pennington - http://allisonpennington.familyartspace.com
74. Sherry Ferguson - http://sherryfergusondesigns.blogspot.com/
75. Day Break Scraps - http://daybreakscraps.blogspot.com
76. Shel Belle Scraps - http://shelbellescraps.blogspot.com
77. eqrAveziur- http://eqraveziur.blogspot.com
78. Moonchylde Creations - http://www.moonchylde906.blogspot.com
79. Geek Chic Scraps - http://geekchicscraps.blogspot.com/
80. ScrapBug Designs - http://scrapbugdesigns.blogspot.com/
81. Sara Ellis - http://scrapsillysara.blogspot.com/
82. Andrea Dickinson - http://the-dickinsons.blogspot.com/
83. (had to backed out link to next person!)
84. LouCee Creations - http://louclark.blogspot.com/
85. Twin Mom Scraps - http://twinmomscraps.blogspot.com
86. DesignZ by DeDe - http://designzbydede.blogspot.com
87. Tahera - http://scrapbookartstudio.wordpress.com/
88. AmyEdwards -http://amyedwards.com
89. Lillyscrap - http://lilleyscrap.blogspot.com
90. Tricia Curtis - http://triciacurtis.com/blog
91. A+ Designs - http://www.aplusdesigns.blogspot.com/
92. KariQ Designs - http://kariqdesigns.blogspot.com/
93. Snips & Snails - http://snipsandsnailsscraps.blogspot.com/
94. Brandi Beaver - http://www.brandibeaver.blogspot.com
95. Scrapmuss Designs - http://scrapmuss.blogspot.com/
96. Kris Myers Designs - http://nwfotobug.blogspot.com
97. Project B Designs - http://www.projectbdesigns.com
98. Rebeccapsp Designs - http://rebeccasscrappingsilliness.blogspot.com/
99. Smooth Sailing Designs - http://myplaceintimelaura.blogspot.com/
100. Victoria Feemster - http://victoriafeemster.wordpress.com
101. Verena Designs - http://www.verena-online.info/blog/
102. Pixelfairy Designs - http://pixelfairydesign.blogspot.com/
103. BTA Designs - http://btaphotography.blogspot.com/
104. SgD DESIGNS - http://scrapbooksgonedigital.blogspot.com/
105. Maitri - www.maitriscraps.blogspot.com
106. Topsy Turvy Digital - http://blog.topsyturvydigital.com/
107. Designs By Sassy - http://sassyscrappin.typepad.com
Have fun and pop back to see what other goodies I’ll have along the way for you.
Boo and the Blossoms x
Friday, 5 February 2010
According to Wikipedia Procrastination refers to the deferment of actions or tasks to a later time. Psychologists often cite such behaviour as a mechanism for coping with the anxiety associated with starting and/or completing any task or decision.
Have you ever said to your self, ‘I can’t do this now’ or ‘it can wait until tomorrow’ even though you know it should really have been done yesterday?
Do you ever try and justify those feelings of guilt or anxiety by making excuse after excuse for why you didn’t get that task completed on time?
I’ve been going through just such a phase in my life recently. I felt confused as to why my blogging had come to a full stop or why I hadn’t yet filled in the forms to continue the last stage of my studies or why I tend to hide away in my home glued to the computer, supposedly ‘working’ when really I’m browsing everyone else’s work.. The later of these has only served to help my procrastination continue unchecked.
For instance, I tell myself that my browsing is work. After all, I need to see what the current market trends are don’t I? In actual fact, every new product I see just reaffirms my own feeling of failure that my product is no longer as good as it could be.
I’ve spent a fortune, and I do mean a fortune, on video tutorials and online classes to improve my design skills and I’ve been diligent in organizing these but I’ve yet to actually complete a single one.
I have a lot of friends, or at least, I did. I’m too busy these days working to keep in touch though. And then, as time slips from days to weeks to months and even in some cases, years, its been too long since I last had contact that I shy away from making contact again in case they reject me. After all, it was me that stayed away.
My home, of which I’m so proud, or so I tell myself, looks like a bomb hit it most of the time. It’s gotten so bad I avoid letting anyone in anymore because I’m too embarrassed. Oh, its not ‘dirty’, just incredibly untidy and messy and I can’t think in mess, it depresses me but I have no idea where to start to clean it up.
And there has to be a reason why, despite making it my New Years Resolution every year since the year dot, I still can’t drive at almost 50.
Whats wrong with me? Why am I behaving this way? Why all these nonsense excuses?
Well, according to It's About Time author Dr. Linda Sapadin there are six types of procrastination that a person can be solely or a combination of. The styles are The Perfectionist, The Crisis-Maker, The Dreamer, The Defier, The Worrier and The Overdoer. Each title is self explanatory though each has a unique way of overcoming each type
Now, I haven’t read the book, I only came across this analogy while trying to figure out what my problem was but it struck home. I found I recognized myself and it was both a shock and a relief to find myself or rather, my behaviour, listed here.
I definitely relate to the Worrier and according to Dr Sapadin my particular procrastination style is as follows
“But I’m afraid to make a change!”
Worriers tend to have a too small comfort zone and hesitate to leave their cocoon. They try to avoid risk or change, which, of course, is quite impossible. Lacking confidence in their own abilities and decision-making, they often let deadlines quietly pass rather than take an active approach to getting things done and initiating activity.
In her article she suggests certain activities to help the procrastinator overcome their problem and this is what she suggests for my type.
What to Do
THINKING: It’s better to make a mistake and learn from it, then to keep avoiding tackling something new. Develop more confidence in your abilities—if you don’t know something, ask or research the answer.
SPEAKING: Worriers often catastrophize events by a “What if” question. When asking a question, look for answers. Don’t ask a rhetorical question to just raise your anxiety level.
ACTING: If something seems too overwhelming, break a project down into chunks that you can confidently handle. If there are areas that you truly don’t know enough about, take a course, read a book, don’t continue your ignorance
I must be honest. I was surprised how accurate her description of my feelings was. Even I hadn’t realized that’s what I was doing and why I was doing it. I even think I understand how it all began, going right back to my childhood when I was a very shy child, constantly told I would amount to nothing. Well, my procrastination has proved those people right after all.
The wonderful thing is, there is hope, a light at the end of the tunnel and apparently, I hold the key. If I follow Dr Sapadins suggestions, if I allow myself the option of ‘trying again if it doesn’t work this time’ instead of ‘I can’t afford to fail there fore I won’t try’, then I may actually get something done.
Its better then doing nothing isn’t it? And after all, doing nothing is the biggest failure of all, isn’t it?
So, I’m organizing my life, doing what I need to do first, what I want to do next and I’m taking it all one day at a time, in small bite size pieces. It may take a while to get there but at least I’m on the road.
Be patient, good things are coming to BooLand again, but not just yet. First I need to finish my studies. But do please keep checking back, every now and then there will be a little something for you to pick up here while I complete the necessary work. And then, ohhhh, just wait and see.
How about you? Does procrastination affect your life and if so, how do you deal with it?
And if you are a procrastinator, which one are you? Leave your comments and thoughts on the subject here and lets see what comes about.
Check out what Dr Linda Sapadin has to say on the subject here
But don’t forget your freebie and thanks for reading
Download here Password is loveyou
and check out the full kit here
edit, sorry folks, the password is now correct. Thanks for pointing that out Stash :)
LianeZ left a cool post in response to my whine about procrastination. You can read it below. Thanks hun, I hear you and am taking your advice. hugs Boo x
Thanks for the Freebie. Procrastination is my friend! I too have a house that is a mess, Hubby & I just started with one small thing each - Him the mass of papers next to his chair and me the mass of papers in the bedroom. I found those plastice boxes that hold hanging file folder on sale 2 for one and the hanging floders on sale also. We are doing this in hope of tackling the 'office' before the cat shredds all the papers that need filing in there. The key for me has been to jump, don't look just jump and the he** with what everybody else thinks. If I miss the Christmas card mailing I do a valantines day card (30+ hand made all the same) and if I miss that (hasn't happen yet) there's alway St. Patty's Day, Easter, Earth Day... YOu get the idea. Some of my Friends & Family only get the 'card' a few get the joke e-mails that get forward. I DO NOT DO NEW YEARS RESOLOTIONS! Always fail at those, so I quit - Ilearned to quit setting myself up for failer just pick something that can be done in one or two days or nothing will ever get done. Go luck with your studies - LianeZ
Thursday, 31 December 2009
Hello everyone, did you all have a wonderful Christmas? I sure did. Remember I told you I knew there would be no surprises for me this year as I was getting a Bike from Jay? Well, I was wrong and oh boy, how wrong I was…. hehe. Not only did I get a fantastic new bike which, believe it or not, is called Blossom, I also got an entire new wardrobe of gorgeous clothes and a bottle of Diamonds perfume as well. To say he ‘floored’ me this year is putting it mildly hehe. He sure knows how to put a great big grin on my face bless him.
Well, New year is still a little way off for us in the UK but I thought I’d post my little New Year giftie to you a little early as Jay and I and the girls are planning a little New Year Celebration ourselves tonight.
Oh, and I mustn’t forget that we are having a blast off 2010 New Years Day sale over at SAS too. A massive 55% off tons of goodies as well as a super 10 for $10 bag as well. Happy shopping folks.
Have a wonderful New year everyone.
See you all in 2120
Boo and the Blossoms xx
Thursday, 24 December 2009
Its Christmas Eve and I’m so excited. I know, I’ve always been a big kid at heart and Christmas Eve is my favourite day of the year. All that anticipation, will he come,? won’t he? what will he bring? Jay and I started a little tradition of our own a few years back. We now open our gifts to each other late on Christmas Eve night along with a lovely glass of bubbly. Its magical, just ours and it means we can give the whole of Christmas day over to the kids which works great. I know what I’m getting this year though so no surprises for me. It was a bit too big to hide, lol, a new bike so I can ride to school with Elly instead of walking the two miles each way every day. Oh thank you Santa hehe. I have leg muscles like an athlete these days.
Ok, enough of my waffle, lets get on with our final Xmas Goody. I do hope you’ve enjoyed them. We’ll be back in the New Year with lots of New stuff so be sure to pop back and see whats going on in BooLand. Meanwhile, have yourselves a very merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas everyone from Boo and the Blossoms xx